Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that you can’t see, smell or taste. Its presence in your home can pose a danger to your family’s health. Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and the second leading cause of lung cancer in America. The U.S. Surgeon General and EPA recommend that all homes be tested for the presence of radon. Smart Start Home Inspections is a qualified radon testing service, having completed the Radon Measurement Operator Proficiency course. We use electronic measuring devices that are placed in the lowest level of the residence for a period of 48 hours, with the results available at the end of the test.